A Drop In The Bucket

Good Morning!  Yesterday was HOT. I know I shouldn't complain since I know that 'hot' here in the Pacific Northwest is not hot by any means.  But, for us Oregonians here on the coast, it was hot.  Hot weather up here equals grumpy people.  Especially me.

Today we woke up and it was beautiful again.  Sunny weather, crisp, cool breeze....just the way I like it.  Not to lie, it's one of the reasons I wanted to move here so badly.  So, needless to say, I woke up happy.

I decided that today was going to be my first day of filling my bucket.  What to do?  There are really endless possibilities of things to do around here.  But I decided to start out with a basic.  The dream I originally had when we made the move.  I was going to the beach.

I am shy by nature so venturing out on my own is a forgone thought.  If you would have asked me a few years ago if I would have gone out to hang by myself....the answer would have been no way!  Today though, with a new sense of being, it didn't even phase me.

I have a favorite coffee shop in town down the street from my house.  I stopped there first to grab my favorite coffee mixed in with a little pleasant chit-chat with the owners.  After a quick goodbye, jumped back into my car and headed out to a little surfing spot called 'The Cove.'  The best shells can be found here.  Mainly sand dollars which back home were a luxury to find.  Now I can find them any time I want.  I don't know if that little girl excitement will ever go away.

I slipped off my flip flops halfway down the path leading to the beach.  Picked them up, carried them to the end and veered off to the left to put down my towel.  It was so sunny but slightly cold with the breeze.  I have been wanting to dive headfirst into a new book I got for Christmas, Atomic Habits, so naturally that is the book I started.  It is a good read.  And an even better read by myself in the sand.

I only stayed an hour or so.  I mean, really, things still have to get done.  Cupcakes for the Scout Master's birthday need to be bought.  Baseball and Boy Scout uniforms need to be washed.  Thank you notes need to actually make it into the mailbox.  You know, the 'things' need to still be done.  I am thankful for my little piece of rejuvenation though.  It was just enough.

Comments

Popular Posts