An Epiphany Of A Crafty Life

Hello Future Friends,

I have always considered myself to be crafty. I love crafts.  I love sewing and vinyl and painting and, well, anything that involves me busily buying supplies and using them.  Well, using them sometimes.  Or, if you ask my husband, maybe never using them.  But recently, I had an epiphany. I want to be crafty in my life in a different way.  I want to craft a life of fun, calm, reflective, healthy, spiritual moments to become the person I always thought I was going to be.....

Let me back track for a moment.

At the end of 2022 my dreams of living at the ocean became a reality.  Like many, my family and I decided as the pandemic came to an end, that this was the opportunity for us to move to the ocean...or die under the peach tree in the hot, hot sun.  We up and moved.  We bought a beautiful house (much more than I ever deserve) and started living our dream of 'Living by the ocean.'   

Well, reality has a funny way of setting in.  Instead of playing in the surf and watching my kids build sandcastles with me - I have found myself in a never-ending loop of laundry and dishes and running errands that seem FAR too many to be running.  For some reason, I thought all that was going to change as soon as we moved.  But it didn't.  My 'I'm going to walk everywhere' attitude and 'We'll always be by the water' has floundered away to a bustling life of 'To-do's.'

Don't get me wrong.  I am so lucky to be here.  But, as the school year comes to a close for my four kiddos in the next month, I realized that any (and all) bucket filling I have been lacking with myself needs to happen now.  Like, it should have happened yesterday.....

So, I am inviting you on this journey with me if you would like to come along.  Maybe you feel the same way I do.  Maybe you don't.  That's okay!  I am going on a bucket-filling, friend-building, soul-searching adventure for the next 30 days and I hope you tag along for the ride!  

And maybe I throw in a few of my crafts that I actually get done....

Well, here's to health, wealth, and happiness on this journey.

Comments

Popular Posts